Thursday, September 1, 2011

saturday. sunday. FUNday!

Wow! See that month up there ^ ?! Time is flying. And that makes me H-A-double P-Y! Hurry up, December.


Last weekend, Justin and I were the host & hostess with the mostest (we hope) for Michael and Mandy (Justin's brother and his wife) and their five kids. FIVE kids. all under the age of eight. insert *shudder * here.
Okay. I kid, I kid.     ha! so pun-ny!
It was  such a treat to have the house filled to. the. brim. with Overbys! Between burgers and hotdogs and cookies and muffins (and more muffins) and chaulk and bubbles and dolphins and sea lions and sand and sun, there was never a dull moment.
We took a trip to the Gulfarium Marine Show Aquarium on Saturday and from the get-go, we the kids were captivated.




I literally could not wipe the smile off my face when I saw that extraordinary creature smiling right back at us. And so close too! After peeking at what would soon be the show-stopper, we wandered on over to the other exhibits and saw some pretty fascinating creatures... 

Molly the sea lion, strikin' a pose.

one old, old, old tortoise.

penguins that dig the heat.

love birds. *sigh*

But the main attraction had our eyes a-bulgin' and our cheeks a-grinnin'.



Those faces just say it all! Dolphins are so fun and so smart! Like...genius smart. They follow commands, jump, dance, dribble, surf, sing and even paint! Pretty amazing for fins and flippers, if you ask me. or the kids. :-)
After all that amazing-ness, we grabbed a quick bite, lathered up head to toe in SPF and headed to the beach. It was a scorcher of a day and the cool ocean water was just  the thing keep us from melting away.




We stayed at the beach 'til the sun got all toasty and golden, drove back to the casa, and CRASHED. The sun knows just how to suck alll the life out of ya. But, oh, how I slept like a baby would with a full belly and clean hiney.  And speaking of babies...well, I guess that'll just have to wait until the next post. :-)


the crew.

minus

this handsome hunk.





P.S. Wonder not. I bear no babes. I'm just surrounded by them here lately and wanna say a thing or two about it. And later, I will. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...those animals are so stinkin cute! I wish I could be friends with them all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...