Monday, September 5, 2011

oh, baby!

I am smitten. Plain and simple.
I know, I know. I'm only  23. (and?) I know, I know. I've only  been married alittle over a year. (so?)  I know, I know. Motherhood is not only  giggles and rainbows. (well, duh.) I know. But that doesn't stop me from conjouring up a splendid little image of brown curls with a smidge of red and freckles in tiny little patches and chubby cheeks and legs and fingers and toes. It doesn't help that I often read a sweet little blog about a mom who loves "way more than you know" her precious little baby girl. And it doesn't help that a little lady gave me an adorable owl baby tee and that everytime I see it, I feel like its just missing something (like curls and freckles and chubby chubbiness). And it especially  doesn't help that I am surrounded, at least once a week, by cooing and crying and suckling. By tiny fingers that grasp so tightly and tiny eyes that open just so slightly. Once, twice, occasionally three times a week for the month of September, I will be shadowing a mother-baby nurse for my final hoorah preceptorship of nursing school. And after just two shifts, I have that twinkle that just won't stop. I've got this little bubble of L-O-V-E growing and growing inside of me for life's sweet miracles, and I cannot WAIT to share it with our future baby O. Now, I'm not saying that a baby O will tumble into fruition anytime in the near future (unless it's a God thang, of course)No. What I'm saying is, when I experience a mother's love for the very first time, its truly going to capture me in ways I cannot even fathom. And that. just. thrills me!



*pic found via Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. 1) I love the shout out- thank you.

    2) I definitely know that twinkle and little bubble.

    3) I am envious that you get to spend so much time with sweet newborn babes.

    4) You better just stop it right now. You are making my ovaries quiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok sooo...I understand you (even though I never thought I would). I was always the one who never thought I'd want a kid. But...the more I work with these annoying, bratty kids of mine, the more I become so proud of them with all their accomplishments (it sometimes brings tears to my eyes, and I'm just the teacher!). I, of course, am not ready for a precious little booger bc quite frankly, the thought of little me's running around is scary. But I do have that sparkle you are talking about for the future...even got names in the works...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've got some names too. Funny thing..I want a baby boy first but the only name I'm pretty set on so far is for a baby girl. Uh oh... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. I would prefer a little boy too but he's convinced me that with all the broken bones and hosiptal bills that it might be more feasible for a girl! And we are the same--got a girls name--still struggling with the boys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...