Thursday, September 15, 2011

nonsense.

I should be working on my thorn in my flesh twenty-five page graduate change proposal paper. Or shoving my nose into my gerontology text book. But I'm not. I should be a good student. But I guess I'm not.  Instead, I would rather dilly dally by blogging about some nonsense.
For instance, earlier this week, after driving back from a wonderful weekend in Florida with my wonderful Justin, I became a member of the "I-kinda-sorta-maybe-can-change-a-flat-tire-all-by-myself-sorta" club. I'll admit, my initiation involved the help of my friend, Andi, and a lovely little gentleman with a good Samaritan spirit. But I could do it all by myself. I could. Just in case you're wondering.


I've also discovered that my love for mother-baby nursing is pretty much taking over any fixation that I had before for pediatric nursing. I do love pediatrics, but mother-baby nursing gives me just enough med-surg experience to keep up with my skillz and just enough little people care as in babies, not 'little people' to appease my pediatric urges. It's like the best of both worlds. True, sometimes the mothers can be ... shocking, for lack of better words (ie. cartoon watching and thumb sucking) :-O. But the fact that I wake up each morning of clinicals with anticipation and excitement for my next shift is a pretty big sign that just maybe this is IT.

Anyways...
Pinterest has quickly become my favorite way to take a break in the midst of all the busywork I've been assigned, and though I haven't really pinned much this week, I did stumble upon my go-to color choices for around the house. Turquoise & gray. I am love love loving this palette! Add a couple complimentary colors like yellow and navy and cream and it's perfect. Oh, and maybe alittle green. For sure.

via Pinterest
 
                        

Oh. And, obviously, this thing I've got for turquoise has crept it's way onto this very page. Hence, the new background. ß à
Well...maybe it's more like aqua than turquoise. But who's asking?

As for other non-significants...
I miss Justin. (and Petey and Paisley)
School = the pits.
December, where are you?
Yes, I like to wear stretchy pants. 
Theories of alternate realities freak me out.
Adele is only 4 days older than me.
want need a mani-pedi.
Leptospirosis is one bad mamba jamba.
This post is ridiculously mundane.




The End.
  


4 comments:

  1. So glad you posted! I've missed you.Definitely not a snooze. Please explain the difference between mother-baby nursing and pediatric nursing. And mothers are cartoon watching and thumb sucking? I'm lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels good to be missed! :)
    A mother-baby nurse takes care of couplets (mom and baby) on the post partum unit. Basically, I perform assessments on the recently delivered mothers and babies, administer pain meds, help them get ready for heading home, check for appropriate newborn development, provide emotional support, and such. Other than the occasional GYN surgery, the patients are generally well, not sick. Pediatrics, however, is simply the total care of generally sick children/adolescents. Both are wonderful career choices, but I find that I love caring for BOTH mom and baby. I get to be a part of that special first step of maternal/baby relationship and bonding. Love it!
    And believe it or not, yes. Many mothers watch cartoons and one was a thumb sucker. I was reeeally speechless about that second thang. I try to remain as non-judgemental as possible. But sometimes, I'm just baffled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh. I loved my post partum nurses. They were so caring and supportive. I think you would be a wonderful mother-baby nurse. It sounds like a dream job. Oh, and I really really love the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers that a mo/ba position will be available come January. And thanks about the header comment too. It's simple and I'm loving that! Of course, I'll still be fiddling with it for days though, cause I'm just silly like. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...