Saturday, August 6, 2011

just...empty.

I'm typing this with eyes brimming, nose sniffling.
Melodramatic, I know. But that's just how I feel.


Today, our life in Louisiana was packed neatly into boxes and taken away. I've known this day was coming for months now, but what I was unprepared for was the overwhelming feeling of emptiness. The echoes of the empty house reverberate sadly as a sign of change and the loss of familiarity.  Even more bothering is the pending disconnect from everyone we hold near and dear...both of our families, all of our closest of friends. While I know for a certain fact that we will cling, cope, and eventually settle, the rawness of this moment has captured me. I've lost my jovial mojo, per se.

Okay.

Optimism, people. I need a heavy dose of it!

We are truly blessed with the life, and all its twists, that has been given to us.  We're happy! We're healthy! We're in love! And while change is intimidating, it's also inevitable.

Tonight I heard a simply true proverb:
"If the road on which you're traveling has no speed bumps, its probably a dead end.  Speed bumps are challenges and life should be full of them."

So, accepting that as truth, I need to quit my wallowing (5 more minutes, please?), show alittle faith, and get excited about flooring it over this speed bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...