Wednesday, August 10, 2011

120 days and counting...



I think I can, I think I can…
I’ve officially started my final semester of Nursing school and let me tell you, it feels so G O O D. Tuesday was my Senior II orientation and other than the insane amount of paperwork that is required for graduation, this semester seems like it's gonna be a breeze…easy peasy…..no problemo.

Juuust kidding.

This semester is going to be cra-zay. The school work alone might prove to be do-able but my looming preceptorship (flying solo on the floor for the first time EVER) has me chewing my nails, shaking in my tennies, and praying to the Lord in Heaven above that I will not make an absolute fool of myself. I know, I know. After 3 years of cramming preparing for this very moment, I should be little Miss Know-what-I'm-doing.  But reading about it, even practicing in a simulation lab (ugh...those plastic arms), is totally different than taking the well being of a living, breathing, 'ready to tell you when you're wrong' human being into my amateur hands. So faith, I must have. And Phillipians 4:13 shall be my perpetual mantra.

To add to the craziness, I will be a vagabond of sorts, living here and there because my homebase will obviously be in Florida. I am fortunate enough to have parents and friends that are willing to take in a stray (thank you Mom & Dad and Andi!). Still, I'm hoping the next 12 weeks will come and go in a blink. If so, maybe I won't become completely discombobulated from living out of suitcases. Again.

As for other non-school related news, Justin and I are still patiently awaiting the email/text/phone call from our bank informing us that we can close on the new house. *woot, woot!* We would love to hear the good news by tomorrow, but the likelihood of that happening is rather unlikely. Still, we are hopeful.

On a solemn side note...
We were also sadly informed today that Justin's great Aunt Louise passed away last night.  She was dearly loved and will be so very missed by family and friends.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...