Thursday, August 4, 2011

geek or chic?

Oh, how I am terrible at this posting thing.  It's been a few days and there hasn't been any "post worthy" events, so here is a feeble attempt to write something interesting. (beware of cheesy randomness. *snicker, snicker*)

My current fashion fancy is the trend of geek-chic, largely overstated eyewear.  They're retro, they're large (great for someone with a big jelly head like me) and they make a fun, fashionable statement. So, for this year's annual (redundant?...idk) eye exam, with the help of a certain lady who writes this blog, I decided to embrace my inner nerdiness, so-to-speak, with a pair of large, black, plastic frames.


Ta dah!

They're so me, right?!

(Okay, so in my attempt to take a more 'artsy' photo rather than just staring straight into the camera, I look pretty much..well...like a nerd. But that is beside the point, people.)

Now, to be completely honest, the very first day I wore my cheeky new frames, I received a surprisingly negative review from some crummy opinionated strangers....something about being akin to their grampy.  But I will not dwell on their silliness. No, instead I will wear them with the pride of Lois Lane. And we all know just who had the hots for her geek chic-y-ness.

So, here's to embracing a quirky trend....and loving the end result. :-) 




Friday, August 5th: UPDATE! UPDATE!

I was just informed that I unknowingly purchased the eyewear of a Mr. Justin Timberlake. Now, knowing that I occasionally have some crazy dreams about him, I think it's kinda destiny ironic. ha! 



4 comments:

  1. You would fit in perfectly with Koreans. They love the oversized glasses like yours and some that are quite a bit bigger. Yours are ok...just don't go any larger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've definitely met my size limit! Any bigger and they might not stay on my nose. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glasses. And btw, I love how your sidebar looks over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm constantly fiddling with all the widgets and gadgets to get it juuust right.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...